What are the advantages of radar over other types of sensor technology? In short, it comes down to the ruggedness: Radar sensors reliably detect any object within their range, no matter how harsh the environment and are able to analyse or give out the speed of the object. For this reason, radar sensors within the SICK portfolio can primarily be found in ports and at industrial mining sites, where they help prevent collisions by reliably detecting objects even in adverse weather conditions or despite significant pollution. They are used to prevent collisions and measure distances in large and mobile systems such as gantry cranes and ship-to-shore cranes in ports and booms of open pit excavators and dump trucks in the mining industry.
Reliable object detection under the toughest weather conditions
- Radar technology for highest outdoor capability
- Rugged aluminum housing without moving parts
- Adjustable horizontal aperture angle
- Large working range for diverse applications
- Parameterization via web browser
- High-pressure cleaning possible
- State-of-the-art FMCW radar technology
- Digital I/Os and additional data interfaces
Speak with a Dedicated CIMTEC Represenative
CIMTEC has developed an extensive product offering through partnerships with industry leading manufacturers. With extensive experience in the industry, count on us to meet your needs while improving your facility’s operation and efficiency.